Friday, June 13, 2008
So who is a failure according to our friendly neighborhood Google? Here's how to find out:
1. Open Google.com
2. Type "Who Is Failure" in the search box
3. Click "I am feeling lucky"
You'll be surprised with what you'll get. *wink*
Labels: Cool Stuff, Google, Trivia, What's Hot
Thursday, May 22, 2008
I was a fan of the Diablo RPG Game series, and I thought a big badass game would have another sequel after the success of Diablo II. But it has been what, 8 years since that game was released? Nobody has heard anything about it for a while, although there have been some rumors that it was set for release sometime in 2007 (According to the Diablo Fans
online community). Probably here's the reason why (from cracked.com
Blizzard North, the division of the company devoted to the Diablo
franchise, dissolved a few years back. Several Blizzard North employees subsequently formed their own company and started developing Hellgate: London
, a game fans considered a spiritual successor to Diablo II
right up until the moment it came out and they realized it was complete crap.
Oh well. It would have kicked ass. But all hope's not lost fellow gamers. Because Planet Diablo says the game's already in development
. Something to look forward to, right?
Labels: Discovery, Games
Friday, May 16, 2008
Today, 60 years ago, the first WORKING laser was made public. And because of that, Google has personalized their page today! Check out www.google.com to see what I mean!
Oh, and don't forget to click on the image to find out more about the history of the now multi-billion dollar business of lasers.
Labels: Cool Stuff, Discovery, Google, Trivia
Friday, May 2, 2008
- 75% of Americans are chronically dehydrated. (Likely applies to half the world population)
- In 37% of Americans, the thirst mechanism is so weak that it is mistaken for hunger.
- Even MILD dehydration will slow down one's metabolism as 3%.
- One glass of water will shut down midnight hunger pangs for almost 100% of the dieters studied in a University of Washington study.
- Lack of water, the #1 trigger of daytime fatigue.
- Preliminary research indicates that 8-10 glasses of water a day could significantly ease back and joint pain for up to 80% of sufferers.
- A mere 2% drop in body water can trigger fuzzy short-term memory, trouble with basic math, and difficulty focusing on the computer screen or on a ! printed page.
- Drinking 5 glasses of water daily decreases the risk of colon cancer by 45%, plus it can slash the risk of breast cancer by 79%., and one is 50% less likely to develop bladder cancer. Are you drinking the amount of water you should drink every day?
FOR YOUR INFORMATION:
- In many states the highway patrol carries two gallons of Coke in the trunk to remove blood from the highway after a car accident.
- You can put a T-bone steak in a bowl of Coke and it will be gone in two days.
- To clean a toilet: Pour a can of Coca-Cola into the toilet bowl and let the 'real thing' sit for one hour, then flush clean. The citric acid in Coke removes stains from vitreous China.
- To remove rust spots from chrome car bumpers: Rub the bumper with a rumpled-up piece of Reynolds Wrap aluminum foil dipped in Coca-Cola.
- To clean corrosion from car battery terminals: Pour a can of Coca-Cola over the terminals to bubble away the corrosion.
- To loosen a rusted bolt: Apply a cloth soaked in Coca-Cola to the rusted bolt for several minutes.
- To bake a moist ham: Empty a can of Coca-Cola into the baking pan, wrap the ham in aluminum foil, and bake. Thirty minutes before ham is finished, remove the foil, allowing the drippings to mix with the Coke for a sumptuous brown gravy.
- To remove grease from clothes: Empty a can of Coke into the load of greasy clothes, add detergent, and run through a regular cycle. The Coca-Cola will help loosen grease stains. It will also clean road haze from your windshield.
The active ingredient in Coke is phosphoric acid. It will dissolve a nail in about four days. Phosphoric acid also leaches calcium from bones and is a major contributor to the rising increase of osteoporosis.
Labels: Discovery, Trivia, Weird Stuff
Wednesday, April 16, 2008
More Animal Trivia brought to you by Avilon Zoo at Montalban, Rizal Philippines!
If you happen to visit the Philippines, then don't miss this. It's the biggest zoo in Luzon and it has a variety of species of animals that you'll surely love to see.
Labels: Cool Stuff, Discovery, Trivia
Tuesday, March 11, 2008
Going to the zoo last weekend was a great idea because there are several eureka! moments in almost every corner of the zoo. Here are a few discoveries I got during my trip:
Labels: Discovery, Trivia